2020 Census & Group Quarters
Beyond counting traditional households, the Census Bureau also counts those living or staying in group quarters.
Group Quarters include:
- Group Homes
- Nursing Facilities
- Residential Treatment Facilities
- In-patient hospice facilities
- Mental Health Hospitals
- College Campuses
- And more
How does the Census Bureau reach out to Administrators in Group Quarters?
Outreach to administrators of the facilities mention above are completed in 3 phases by the Census Bureau:
- January 2020, a letter was sent to administrators
- February 3 – March 6, 2020: Census Bureau representatives reach out to explain the process and help the administrators gather the data.
- If the administrator does not respond, then a census representative comes to the facility.
Some administrators can fill out an eResponse https://respond.census.gov/gqe/login.What information will the administrators need to provide to complete the 2020 Census Enumeration of their facility?
- Hispanic origin
- Other potential address (if the person has family in another household that might have counted them)
Assisted Living Residences
If you are the administrator of an Assisted Living Residence in Colorado, you will not be contacted the the Census Bureau as the other facilities listed about. Your residents will be asked to respond as the rest of the general public.
How to Respond to the Census?
Online portal and phone responses can be completed starting on March 12, 2020. Information available in 13 languages.
- Website: www.my2020census.gov
- Use your computer, tablet or smart phone
RESPOND BY PHONE
- 1-800-877-8339 (TTY)
RESPOND BY MAIL
- Complete paper form and return by mail. (A paper form will be mailed out if you do not respond by the third invitation).
- You cannot request a paper form
https://drmac-co.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/retirement2-e1584125558147.jpg 500 500 Coleen Samuels https://drmac-co.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/DRMAC20logo1.jpg Coleen Samuels2020-03-13 15:00:222020-03-13 18:53:252020 Census & Group Quarters