Community Active Living Coalition (CALC), August 11, 2021 via Zoom
Updates of note:
- The CALC scholarship program is still going on. Applicants can visit https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvHCwmE609r0VyQlZhJXJlGDhF5r6q3KzP1i9NBDUOvNgPNA/viewform to apply.
- There are 2 more community markers at Athmar Park Library for 2021.
- CALC has started their next round of microgrant program. Information can be found here https://www.denvercalc.org/microgrants
- Denver Streets Partners is running a sidewalks campaign to give sidewalk access to everyone. Currently the maintenance of sidewalks rests upon owners of the residences behind them.
- Montbello Organizing Committee- The last of Summer of the Walkable Loop will be on August 27th and they will be riding the whole 6 mile loop. If anyone is interesting in tabling at the event, contact Mayra Gonzalez at email@example.com.
Those who were awarded the microgrant from the last CALC meeting reported on their projects. One recipient hosted a Zumbathon event and has since hosted Zumba at all the Summer of the Walkable Loop events. Another noticed that the kids weren’t super engaged while parents were doing Zumba, so they brought toys and games for them to play with. Additional conversation from previous Microgrant recipients continued surrounding any challenges they’ve encountered, whether the funding was enough, and what their favorite part was.
The next meeting will be on October 13th, 2021 from 5:30-6:30pm.