Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities (ACPD) Update:
- New Light Rail pilot program about bringing bicycles on the trains that will not impact wheelchair areas or the High Block. There currently is no start date.
- No Heroes Awards – the committee is looking to expand eligibility for the award.
- Meetings will possibly expand to bi-monthly to improve group impact.
- Effective July 1 fares for all services will go back into effect.
- The booking horizon for AaR will return to 5 days,
- Free food delivery will continue – AaR has provided over 320 trips.
- AaR is trying to keep trips to one passenger only. This is only possible because the Day programs are either not open or limiting attendance to 10 people or fewer.
- Contractors are cleaning buses every evening.
- Quarterly e-burst for AaR passengers is in progress.
- The RTD website will ensure the APAC application is continually available and the link is prominently placed.
- On the AaR section of the website, APAC Committee meeting dates and times with call-in numbers or meeting locations.
- Passengers will be able to see vehicle ETA or pickup/dropoff and will show bus location and interim stops
- Trip booking of “favorite locations” – favorite locations identified through the regular reservation system. Show future trips and have the ability to cancel
- The app is finishing the security oversight and a 3rd party organization is verifying accessibility
- During the next 2 to 3 weeks, APAC members will start testing and give their feedback.
- We will have to hear from the Project Manager to get a date for going live.
- See attached presentation
The three year terms for Becky Pyle, Joe Triplett, Tim Brotzman, William Gross, and Krystin Trustman are ending. RTD has found two new APAC members and are reviewing applications and will announce the new members at the September meeting.
Next meeting: September 8, 2020 by phone