Denver County Local Coordinating Council
May 19, 2021; 9-10 AM
- Carol Buchanan – DRMAC
- Michael Hughes – West Corridor TMA
- Cooper Langdon – RTD Service Planning
- Kenna Davis – DRMAC TATF
- Patrick Kavanaugh – DRMAC
- Lindsey Alarcon – RTD
- Jaime Lewis – Colorado Cross Disability Coalition
- Mayra Gonzales – Montbello Organizing Committee
- Daryl Kinton – Former RTD Board Member
- Latoya Prante – DRMAC
- David Krutsinger – DOTI
- Christian Steward – DOTI
- Steve Martingano – RTD Transit Security
Getting There Travel Training (GTTT) -Latoya Prante, DRMAC
- Different types of travel training available including 101 ,102, 103
- Trainings include tutorial of the RTD app, discounts fares
- Trainings cover RTD and Lyft (app and scooters)
- Lyft bikes will be added to travel trainings in the future
- Example: Training 101 covers:
- Who is RTD and Lyft
- How to plan a trip
- How to find a bus/bus stop
- How to stay safe
- How to read a schedule
- How to find a train/platform
- Trainings are currently virtual but will be transitioning back to in-person by this summer. Expected to start in-person at Union Station.
- Online trainings have no capacity limits and all ages are welcome; in-person trainings must be 18+ and will have capacity limits.
- Mike to work with Latoya to host travel trainings with groups he is working with.
Sun Valley Project Update
- Debrief of second meeting with Sun Valley Youth Center
- Low levels of engagement – hard to have engagement with virtual meetings
- Staff needs travel training – schedule in-person training
- Provide bikes and/or demo bus with bike rack
- Current driver shortage limits this possibility, but could be an option if staffing levels increase
- Welcome Back Packet distribution
- Building relationships in Montbello
- Mayra to check when the next FreshLo meeting will be held.
- David mentioned that DOTI is working with Montbello for a new transit circulator – opening in July 2021.
- Start planning some sort of travel training before the circulator is live. Mayra to work with Latoya to set this up.
- Plan some sort of DCLCC sponsored event when the circulator opens?
- DOTI is working with the Northeast Transportation Connections TMA and planning on providing some sort of travel training and event.
- DCLCC Website
- CALC summer micro-grants will be released around July/August.
General DCLCC Updates
- Steering Committee recruitment
- Looking at adding more members
- RTD sub-regional committees
- RTD Accountability Committee will be releasing their recommendations in the next couple months, will include public comment period.
- If RTD sub-regional committees are approved, want to not duplicate DCLCC efforts. Potential to make DCLCC the Denver sub-regional committee.
- Lindsey – RTD is kicking off their fare study this month (18-month process) which includes a community engagement component.
- Cooper – the RTD driver shortage limits the amount of service increases.
- Michael – ebikeshare program launching in June in Sun Valley
- Carol – DRMAC RCC is scheduled for June 1st; disability etiquette training scheduled for July 6th.
June 16, 2021 at 9am