Denver County Local Coordinating Council

July 18, 2021; 9-10 AM

Zoom Meeting

Introductions

 

  • Carol Buchanan – DRMAC
  • Kenna Davis – DRMAC TATF
  • Jaime Lewis – CCDC
  • Julia Wcislo – CDOT
  • Matthew Helfant – DRCOG
  • David Krutsinger – DOTI
  • Mayra Gonzales – Montbello Organizing Committee
  • Christian Steward – DOTI
  • Moira Moon – CDOT
  • Robbie Roppolo – Atlantis Community

 

Sun Valley Travel Training

  • Fall Sun Valley neighborhood event -update from the subcommittee and group discussion
    • Trying to wrap up Sun Valley efforts before moving onto Montbello.
    • Utilize an existing event to include travel training.
    • Latoya from DRMAC has been in communication with DOTI, SRTS and high schools.
    • Jaime met with a group working on the Colfax Viaduct; they are trying to start an international market in the area and could be a potential partner.
    • Sun Valley Youth Center staff training update

2021 Goals

  • Partner with Montbello to encourage youth transit ridership
    • Mayra emphasized the need for relationship building before bringing in new organizations and projects. Members of the DCLCC have been attending the Montbello FreshLo meetings to become familiarized with the community.
    • Upcoming WalkableLoop Event is intended to bring multi-modal awareness to the community, including bikes, bringing in Lime scooters, training for the upcoming DOTI circulator, etc. – opportunity to talk about travel training at August 27th (Friday) event.
      • Will develop a sign-up sheet to distribute to DCLCC members.
    • Safe Zone events are a good opportunity to engage youth – occur on Saturdays.
    • Jaime will be attending a Denver Streets Partnership event this weekend to get ideas for future Montbello events.
  • Via Mobility closed its travel training program due to losing funding and program director.
    • DRMAC will be stepping up their travel training program and RTD hired a new paratransit eligibility and travel training program – will get a speaker for DCLCC.

Member Updates

  • Jaime mentioned there is an Electric Vehicles event, Carol will send out the invitation.
  • Robbie mentioned that Atlantis Community is starting to meet with clients in person and are starting their mobile unit back up.
    • Jaime asked if there could be a tour of the new facility; Robbie will set something up.
  • Matthew noted that the RTD Accountability Committee adopted their final recommendations. Matthew will send the final report to Carol to distribute.
  • Carol noted that DRMAC is doing a tour of RTD’s N line. Reach out to Carol if interested.
  • Moira updated the group that the CDOT Division of Transit and Rail has a new director, Amber Blake, who is based out of Durango.
  • David asked if this group receives data for paratransit trips in the region.
    • Larry Buter could be a good resource. David to reach out.
    • DOTI is looking at how to build up paratransit and human service transportation services.
    • Matthew will introduce Travis Noon from DRCOG to David for data.

Next meeting: August 18, 2021 at 9am, Zoom Meeting