The meeting began with an overview of the Reimagine RTD project followed by discussion of many challenging issues RTD is facing.
- Underserved neighborhoods need to get the service they need at a price they can afford
- Structures for weather at bus stops are lacking
- Tension between maximizing ridership and geographic reach
- Land use patterns that make taking transit impossible
- Fiscal constraints, how do we get where we need to go
- Encourage affordable housing on property that RTD owns
- Partnerships with Uber/Lyft exist – they must be advertised
- Issues with high block to providing accessible entrance to light rail cars
- Need targeted outreach meetings, especially to marginalized communities
Michael Davies, Government Relations Officer, talked about proposed RTD legislation: remove the farebox standard, remove restrictions on how RTD manages its parking lots.
Members shared topics for future meetings.
Next meeting: 4/21, 3 pm